Sunday, February 8, 2009
Choosing
I think chosing and what makes a species more valuable than others is sort of the same. Ones that we should choose to conserve are ones that are more important to other species and help keep the circle of life, and food chain stable. Species that we seem to choose more are cute, beautiful and loving species like pandas, tigers, polar bears. I think a clue that shows its not a part of evolution is if there loss affects other species and there way off life. Like the video in class, no one thinks about endangered insects. Insects affect many things like plants, bigger species, humans. I think we should try to get introduced species back to there natural type of locations. By moving them, they adapt to the new enviorment and will not have the same traits as they would if they were living in there natural habitat. Then other species from there natural habitat may not be able to live without them around. Animals live with each other, and taking into consideration species that have a greater effect on others as a whole I beleive are the species that we should take into account helping and saving first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yes the media always has commercials for the cute animals. Like the polar bears. I think the media needs to show more of all other species becoming endangered like the insects and other species that make a huge impact. I never knew or even thought about insects becoming endangered. We should focus on the animals that are more of an impact on the food chain.
ReplyDeleteYa i agree that we should help out the endangered species that play an important role in a certain food chain, because that effects many other species too.
ReplyDelete