Sunday, February 22, 2009
Toxins
I think it would depend if I found out if there were toxins in my enviorment. It depends on the type of toxin. How hazardous is it? Deadly? If it was something that wouldn't affect me is very minimal ammounts then i dont think I would care to much. If they're deadly then it's a different story. If they aren't harmful to me but are to plants and other parts of the enviorment, then I would care also. I strongly agree that some sort of action should be taken to clean up the mining waste. We shouldn't wait till we see the effects of the waste start to take effect. We should locate the mines and look for waste and clean up if there is. Waiting can bring lots of damage to the enviorment and people. Scary thing is people that live in an affected area probably don't know it because of money. So I how think we should take issue after seeing how toxic to the enviorment and us it is. Will it have a major affect, cause death, significantly hurt the enviorment. I know money is a big issue right now, but this isn't something you should wait too long for. When the toxic is cleaned up, it should be dissposed of properly. I'm not sure how this would be done, but take caution and not take something like this lightly. To try and avoid adding more toxins to our enviorment, we need to take more interest in the affects they may have. Develop ways that are more friendly to us and the enviorment. Cleaner machines, cars, fuels, and more efficent ways to produce what we need. I wasn't really aware of this issue before Mike Thornton came in. After hearing his presentation you start to think about and wonder what the consequences may be due to these toxins. People need to become aware of this issue as they may as well be living in a toxic area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love what you wrote. I agree with everything you said. People do need to be aware of what issue lye around them, espiecally with so many mines around are area. I wish the government would care a little bit more and do more test on the toxins from mining before it is to late.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what you said about not waiting: "We shouldn't wait till we see the effects of the waste start to take effect." People always take the approach that if nothing bad is happening then nothing is wrong. Lets just say that this is not the smartest approach. We need to be aware before something bad happens that threatens our lives and that of our environment.
ReplyDelete